Spent a few days reviewing my old notes and the changes I had made. Below is the schematic drawing of the crossover.
My design goals were to first keep the crossover design simple, thus keeping costs down by not having excessive components. The crossover between the woofers and midrange is at 300 hz using a 1st order crossover for a gentle cutover between the midranges, which are basically a woofer to begin with and the actual woofers. As for the tweeters, in my earlier designs I had used a 2nd order butterworth crossover at 2000hz, but found that the tweeter had issues running that low and sounded harsh at times in the vocals. I elected to raise it to 3000hz and use a Linkwitz-Riley 2nd order crossover. I found the higher crossover point for the tweeter to be much improved, at least to my ears. The mids handled the higher frequency just fine. Overall impedance is 4 ohms.
Here is a picture of the main crossover. This is mounted on the bottom of each speaker on a separate board that I can remove and work on the bench or change out completely. Screw terminals make it easy to reconnect the drivers and to the terminals on the back of the speaker cabinet.
The Baffle Step compensation inductor and resistor I mounted externally so I could change out the 4.7ohm resistor during trial listening tests.
Note: The 130uF capacitor that I call out, most likely will need to be made from two or more different caps hooked up in parallel. I had a 60uf, and 50uf cap left over from a previous crossover version, so I just added a 20uf to get my 130uf.
In Post 3 I will show the construction and finished speaker system.